Saturday 3 October 2015

Corrie actor's son to star in stage play

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog August 2015, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Akshay Gulati, aged 20, is the son of ex-Coronation Street actor Shobna Gulati, who played Sunita Alahan.

He's been cast as sweet and simple Eddie Taylor in 'The Family Way', a Bill Naughton play set in 1960s Bolton.

Akshay is the youngest member of the cast, says the Bolton News, and is performing in his first professional role, having recently completed a foundation course in acting at the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts.

He said: "I grew up in green rooms watching my mum so I never had any other career path in mind. Mum has been great at teaching me about the industry and I admit it is nice to have that inside figure guiding you, but I do want to carve my own path.

"Although of course, like most mums she is very proud."

The Family Way is running from September 4 to October 3 at The Octagon Theatre in Bolton. Buy tickets here. 



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...