Wednesday 3 September 2014

Is Andrea the one for Corrie's Lloyd?


(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in August 2014.)

I don't know what it is, but the whole Lloyd, Andrea, Neil storyline just isn't working for me. I hate to admit it, but I did begin to fast forward through all their scenes last night.

I've always loved Lloyd. Craig Charles is brilliant in Corrie. His double act with Simon Gregson is a joy. It's a shame they didn't spend more time developing the Lloyd and Jenna relationship onscreen, instead preferring to focus on Lloyd and Andrea. 

The whole story is just a big snooze to me and it's such a pity. Lloyd is crying out for a decent story to get his teeth into and I'm afraid this really isn't it. The actor playing Neil is great although I'm really not sure what this character's game is! I'm sure all will become clear in time, hopefully fairly soon though as it feels like this is being drawn out.


I do have a bit of a problem with the way both Lloyd and Andrea have dealt with Neil. Yes he is being painted as a big wet blanket who won't take the hint, but they are treating him cruelly at times. Given that Andrea in particular has cheated on Neil and broken up their marriage I feel like she should have a bit more respect for her husband. 

Lloyd too has been rather harsh and less than understanding. As he acknowledged briefly last night, he knows what it is like to be messed about and dumped by a partner, so even though he was an unwitting accomplice in this mess, he should really be more sympathetic towards Neil. 

I'm not sure what I make of Andrea. At first she was a breath of fresh air, mainly because she highlighted how atrociously Michelle treats Steve. Then things got complicated and her motives became unclear. I don't think she's a baddie in the traditional sense, she's flawed and human like the rest of us. At the end of the day though she basically just irritates me and I can't seem to get past that. 

So what do we all make of this storyline? Are you enjoying it or do you wish we could move on to something new? Do you think Andrea is the one for Lloyd? 



Follow me on Twitter @GraemeN82



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...