Thursday 27 June 2013

Just what does Rita see in Tina?

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in June 2013.)

If the rumours are true our Rita is about to put up her life savings to help Tina pay her legal fees in her battle to keep baby Jake/Joe. I know Rita is a kindly soul. I know Rita cares about Tina. Really though?! I just can't believe Rita Tanner would put her security on the line in this way.

The bond between Rita and Tina is obviously strong, although I can't quite remember how it came about. I just think a woman in Rita's position would do best to concentrate on a happy life and marriage with the lovely Dennis. With all this Tina stuff going on, Dennis is yet again like a background character which I think is a terrible waste.

I also wonder just how much money Rita has. I know she inherited a lot from Len when he died, but she seems to be absolutely rolling in it. I remember her bank rolling the Webster family in the past so I guess she does have form. There is also the whole baby issue. Going back a long way, we know Rita really wanted children of her own, but sadly it wasn't to be. Is she just trying to help Tina achieve something she herself could not?

At the moment we are seeing Rita trying to make Tina see sense, but if she goes ahead and puts all her money into helping her fight this, she'll go down a few notches in my estimation. What she needs is a good talking to from Norris, Emily and Dennis!

So what do you think? Is Rita right in supporting Tina as she has been? 




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rita inherited money from Ted Sullivan & she sold the Kabin to Norris.
Rita has always fallen for the scrappy, young ladies who are on their own kind of like she was... as well she never had kids.
I do think she is wrong to financially back Tina when she doesn't agree with her actions. Giving space to live is okay as a supportive friend. But lawyer's fees go beyond the norm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...