Monday 3 June 2013

Corrie Canada weekly awards: May 27 - 31

Plot hole award: Gloria turns out to have inherited cash from Eric. Eric's wife and his solicitor already told her she wasn't getting a penny so when did he rewrite his will? Stella offered Owen half the pub but he still can't pay his men.

Selfish Cow award: Gloria called the money her nest egg. Investing it in the pub would be a nest egg too.

Pants on Fire award: Gary pretended he was upset over the reunion rather than the pass he made to Tina.

Ramping up the guilt award: Now David's asking Nick to be the guardian in case anything ever happens.

Sucking up award: Gary's doing early morning hoovering and making Izzy breakfast. That's his equivalent of bringing flowers when he's done something wrong.

On a quest award: Roy is like a dog with a bone over trying to find his dad and when he finally did, he discovered his father was dead.

Musical ambiance award: "I would give anything I own" to the discussion of Gloria's money.

Dogsbody Award: Peter doesn't care that Rob updated the shop, he's still making him to the grunt work.

Whose job is it anyway award: Wouldn't the leasing company be responsible for the broken coffee machine? Why would Rob as the customer even be allowed to mess with it if it's malfunctioning?


Lines of the week:
Roy "I had the distinct impression that the only reason you'd want to visit his grave is to dance on it"
Owen to Katy "You can't run your life depending on what mood you're in"
Sylvia "With sharp observations like that, we're going to have to start calling you Poirot" Roy "It's a puzzle. I like puzzles"
Eileen "Brian. You're a plonker"
Sylvia "He had a lazy eye. I say lazy, I mean bone idle"
Gloria "I've made an omelette out of me nest egg"
Roy "One thing I know. I love you" Hayley "Belt up, Roy"
Stella about Karl "I know I can trust him" (Phrase of Doom alert)
Sylvia "You wonder how a nation that is so fond of analysing itself can end up such a mess"
Chesney "I don't need cheering up ALLRIGHT!!!"
Rita to Norris "Isn't it funny that the things folk are most interested in are generaly NONE of their business" (but Norris will never change)

Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...