Tuesday 7 May 2013

Narky Street

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in April 2013.)

When did the characters in Coronation Street become so narky and horrible to each other?

Apart from the scenes between Dev and Mary, Monday evening (Friday and Monday past in Canada) offered up so much bickering and bitching I didn't know what to do with myself.


We had Chesney spitting his dummy at Katy and then at Fiz.  Michelle whinging at Ryan. Carla sniping at Leanne. Rob snarling at Peter. Nick having a pop at Peter. Tracy giving everyone evils and Leanne having a go at anyone who came near her. 

ENOUGH!

All this angst, negativity and carping is wearing me out Coronation Street. It doesn't need to be so shouty, so rude or so negative. Let's have our favourite characters being a bit nicer to each other for a change. It doesn't have to be boring. Going on some of that lot tonight, if it wasn't for the accents I might as well have been watching ****Enders!




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely agree with you. For the first time in 30 plus years, I am considering not watching the show! My parents stopped watching months ago and I tell them they haven't missed a thing! Do you think they have a new bunch of writers? Do they listen to their fans' complaints?

Alanna said...

I, too, agree with Bluenose and Anonymous! Where are the kind, funny, tender and gentle moments, as well as true drama (not the contrived muck and rehashed story-lines we're expected to believe)? What happened to those same aspects of our beloved character's personalities? Characters are increasingly becoming less dimensional and are so limited in scope that I don't recognize them at times and care for and about them less and less. I no longer watch Corrie religiously and it's heart-breaking for me, a viewer for almost three decades - no matter what was happening in my life, I had my Corrie! I now read spoilers and only watch the episodes that interest me. And I'm not alone; I have several friends who share my opinion and sentiments and watch the show less frequently.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...