Wednesday 17 April 2013

Will you miss Sunita Alahan?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog April 2013, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Sunita died last night on Coronation Street.

She first appeared on the Street back in March 2001 so that's 12 years she's been a part of the Street, but will anyone miss her? I don't think I will and I wish she'd take Dev with her. The twins can stay though, I quite like the twins. And the aunties can come back. I quite liked the aunties.

Since she's been on the cobbles, Sunita's worked in the corner shop, and had a relationship with Duggie Feguson. He died. She got engaged to Ciaran McCarthy and jilted him at the altar. She had a one night stand with Danny Baldwin, developed a brain tumour and has been tied up by mad Maya. After marrying Dev and giving birth to the twins her final ruination came with her affair with Karl Munro after working as a barmaid in the Rovers Return.

Not a great life for a woman on the cobbles, then, and one I didn't particularly enjoy watching. Anyway, they are my thoughts. I won't miss Sunita. Will you?


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will very much miss the pre-Karl Sunita. It's a shame they ruined 2 good characters with 1 awful plot.

missusmac said...

I will miss Sunita. I loved the friendship she developed with Shelly back in the day, loved that she became a 'bad girl' for a one night stand -- and got a brain tumor! Whooooa. That will show you to be a bad girl. There was a lot to like about her, but her character became "karl'd" before Karl's even did. Too bad. The twins? They can leave anytime. Shrill, misbehaved, spoiled.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...