Saturday 30 March 2013

Who would you like to see do a Terry Duckworth?


I will warn you from the off, this blog is not going to be terribly politically correct, and is probably all the better for that. If you are in any way squeamish, please do look away now.

As we are all getting excited amidst the build up to Rovers Fire: The Next Generation, I decided to watch again the benchmark in Rovers Return dramas - the original fire from 1986. One thing struck me that I'd previously forgotten about, although I don't know why. Young Terry Duckworth is almost something of a hero. Tearing about, helping neighbours and looking out for his mate, Kev. What I also noticed was that for the vast majority of the episode, our Terry runs about in nowt but a pair of jogging bottoms. I'm sure that was a treat for the audience of the day!

This made me wonder who we'd all like to replicate this dynamic performance in 2013. Rather than bring Terry back for a repeat performance (let's just not go there!) I thought it would be a good idea to look at the possible contenders and see who's the most popular. Given that there will be a strip show taking place in the run up to the fire, it seemed like common sense to me!

The obvious choice would be young Tommy Duckworth, following in his father's notorious footsteps. Or would you rather see the lovely Dr Matt running down the cobbles with his stethoscope a-dangle? It's a pity Tyrone is currently banged up as a guest of Her Majesty, but there's always that gruesome twosome, Rob Donovan and Ryan Connor to light up your evening! Or there's always old Nicky Tilsley, minus his 90's abdominal muscles? 

Of course there is a very obvious contender I've left out: our Norris Cole. I'm sure that's a spectacle that would make all Mary Taylor's dreams come true at once!

So let's have your favourite, all in the name of fun of course! ;)


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...