Tuesday 12 March 2013

What a complex Corrie web they weave

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in February 2013.)

I've just been having a good muse over the latest chaotic happenings in the Platt household. Very interesting, involving stuff, well played out by all concerned. Casting the net a little wider though you can see how this story has the potential to upset a fair few apple carts.

First of all there is David and Kylie. Now obviously, this being the world of the soap opera, David is bound to find out about Kylie's infidelity sooner or later. We could all take bets on who will finally let slip, but now Gail has told Sally it's surely only a matter of time before the truth comes out. I only hope Kylie decides to tell the truth before it comes from an outsider. We all know David is a hot head and will probably explode at the news as well he might. However I hope over time these two patch things up as I love them together. I also really hope the baby is actually David's.

Next we come to Nick and Leanne. Leanne is currently in blissful ignorance about the entire affair but how long will this last? Surely this betrayal is one fling too far for this couple? Nick has now cheated on Leanne and they had an affair while she was with Peter. How much more complex or rotten can one relationship be? 

I know some people disagree with me, but personally I think Nick is too good for Leanne. I just don't like them together. While I think David and Kylie should stick it out, I do think Nick and Leanne are doomed. I'm liking Eva a lot more these days and if she continues to develop and mature I could see Nick and Eva going the distance. 

If Leanne is cut loose from Nick once and for all, that opens up and reheats a can of worms for Peter and Carla. These two have been rather quiet of late which can only mean one thing -- they are about to come back with a bang. If Leanne becomes single again, I reckon Peter would be back in there faster than Blanche insulted his friends at that AA meeting. Leanne obviously still has feelings for Peter as we saw in the lead up to her wedding to Nick. I reckon it's only a matter of time. This bothers me as I rather like Peter with Carla. Unfortunately as both Peter and Carla are such damaged individuals I can't see them going the distance. 

Sadly all this splitting up and getting back together will have a bad effect on the children involved. While Max suffers from the Amy Barlow syndrome and only utters five words a year, old before his time Simon Barlow will obviously see this as another opportunity to demonstrate what a little brat he can be! There is a side of me which gets very tired at the thought of all this as we've seen most of it before, however all these characters are strong so it should be highly watchable.

Am I forgetting someone here? Ah, yes Ivy Tilsley in a Gail mask. How will Gail emerge from all of this? Your guess is as good as mine, however I am sure of one thing. Even the strongest of Weatherfield winds won't change the expression on that face!

So do you agree with me? How do see this mess of relationships working out?

And I'm sorry for that gratuitous photo of Peter with his top off - it was the only one I could find.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...