Tuesday 26 February 2013

Time for Ted Page to return to Corrie?

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in February 2013.)

Just where is Gail's dad, Ted Page? He disappeared three years ago and has vanished without trace. I was more than a little disappointed at the time as I thought he was a great character and brought much needed sanity to the Platt/McIntyre/Roberts household.

His absence from Gail's trial following Joe's death was never really explained and he's not been mentioned in any great detail since. Surely now would be the perfect opportunity to bring Ted back? 

Gail's long lost gay dad would be the perfect person to reunite the family and put an end to all their squabbles. He would be a voice of reason and a good influence on Nick and David. He could also sort out the differences between Gail and Audrey. 

I loved the impact finding Ted had on Gail. We got to see a completely different side to her and it was incredibly touching to see her bond with the dad she never knew, in middle age. It was also amusing to see Audrey's nose put out of joint. Who can forget the moment Audrey thought her involvement with Ted all those years ago had turned him gay?! 

Also, given Gail's current financial situation, perhaps Ted would be in a position to offer advice and practical support? Maybe what Gail needs at the moment is a nice long break in London with her father? (Not that I want rid of her or anything)....I just think it's strange that Ted hasn't been mentioned.

Rather than Gail finding another man to share her life with, I think she would do well to reconnect with her father. So do you agree? Would you like to see Ted Page back in Weatherfield? As usual, let's have your comments below!


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love to see Ted back I adored his character. He was classy, kind and smart. He was also a voice of reason in a dysfunctional family - I wonder what he would make of Kylie.

Unlike you I wouldn't miss Gail if she left what else can the writers do with her have her get into another bad relationship?

missusmac said...

I wish Ted would come back as well. It was hilarious to see the family furtively realize just how dysfunctional they must look as they explained their motives or past events. Bless him, he took everything in stride, but you could tell it was a bit of an eye-opener for him. It was lovely to have someone who was classy, kind and never angry to sort of balance out Gail, David and Kylie. Funny, Sarah Louise and Bethanny get throw-away references in the script, but not Ted.

Anonymous said...

I adored Ted! He was a lovely classy man. Funny story my sister who is a huge Corrie fan was at the movies with her teenaged daughter and who appeared on the screen (I think it was Harry Potter movie) and my sister shouted out there is Ted Gail's Dad! Needless to say my niece was embarrassed as only teenagers can be! LOL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...