Thursday 28 February 2013

Tim Metcalfe - goodie or baddie?

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in February 2013.)
I know it was inevitable that we would meet some of Faye's family sooner or later, but personally I think it's great they have decided to bring in Joe Duttine as Faye's father. Yes, I know the actor was previously cast as a policeman investigating one of Gail's stupid husbands (I think it was Joe, the one who drowned), but the part is significantly different for it not to matter in my eyes. 

I know the extended Windass family have their knockers on here, if you pardon the expression, but I rather like them. They come across as a lot more real and believable than some other characters in Coronation Street at the moment. Anna is a great character and I like Debbie Rush as an actress. I also think Ellie Leach is terrific as Faye - I'd love to see her give Nasty Norris some more cheek! And I will always have a soft spot for fellow ginger, Gary. However, I do not like Owen one bit and long for Eddie to make a return! Even the odd mention these days would be better than nothing!

Anyway, so far I have found the scenes with Anna, Faye and Tim intriguing. I can't decide whether Tim is going to be a nice guy and a dutiful father or if things will all go pear shaped before too long. There was a little look of quiet menace on his face during his confrontation with an over-protective Anna the other night that got me wondering. Mind you, I quite like a bit of menacing now and then. I also wonder where social services and the adoption people fit in with all of this - we haven't seen much of that yet have we?

So what are your thoughts on the arrival of Faye's real dad? Are you looking forward to this plot development? And do you think it will all end in tears?


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Tyra said...

Maybe a love interest, no?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...