Saturday 9 February 2013

The Real Weatherfield

(This post was originally posted by Rebecca on the Coronation Street Blog in January 2013.)

As you'll have seen from other posts - Behind the scenes at Coronation Street, It was a cold, chilly day in Weatherfield and Coronation Street Blog staff outing, we had a staff outing to Coronation Street on Friday and I for one had an excellent day. I have been before, aged about nine, when they ran the Granada studio tours. In fact if I can find the photos of me standing in the Rovers I'll share it.

I wanted to share some photos of our vist last week, this one in particular:


I looked and looked, but I couldn't see Fat Brenda. Maybe she only works the night shifts?

In the afternoon we went on a locations tour and it was excellent. Mark Llewellin's commentary was great, funny and insightful. We went into Salford and saw terraces very much like Coronation Street. I snapped some photos.








Photos taken out of a bus window!

I don't know if they have rows of terraces like this elsewhere in the country, but you see them in Northern cities. Where I work in Leeds, it is full of them. They're fascinating because they're all different - each terrace and each individual house. Can't you just imagine Jack and Vera's yellow and blue cladding sitting halfway down one of these streets? 



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...