Tuesday 22 January 2013

Carry On Corrie

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in December 2012.)

Beth Tinker? Let's hope not!
As well as loving Coronation Street, I have a soft spot for that other great British institution, the Carry On films. 

I've spent many happy hours since I was a boy watching these classic comedy films, enjoying perfomances from the likes of Kenneth Williams, Joan Sims and Sid James.

As I settled down the other day to watch Carry On Christmas with my litre of eggnog and a box of mince pies, I wondered which Corrie characters would be great in a Carry On film. 


Carry On Screaming, it's Carla!
Naturally I can see Sean Tully as a cut-price Charles Hawtrey, but that's blindingly obvious. However there are so many possibilities to choose from, I thought I would throw this open to my lovely friends on the Coronation Street Blog.

So which Corrie characters would you cast in a right old Carry On? 

Would Eileen Grimshaw dazzle as Joan Sims? Can you see Steve McDonald as the next Sid James?
Fiz-Bomb would be a natural

What about Beth Tinker as a bubbly Barbara Windsor? Fiz as the be-gingered Patsy Rowlands? And Carla would obviously be perfect casting as Fenella Fielding.


So let's Carry On Up the Cobbles! 


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...