Wednesday 15 August 2012

Rob Donovan, What do you think so far?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog July 2012, reposted to this blog with permission.)

So, he's been around for a week now, long enough for us to start forming opinions on Carla Connor's brother, seeing as how it looks like he'll be running Underworld while big sister's away sailing the seven seas on the good ship HMS Peter Barlow.

What do you think of Rob Donavon, then?

I like him, so far. He's slotted in nicely, quietly and well. In our house though we reckon his voice should be slightly more gravellier (is that a word?), his hair should be darker and he should get rid of that god-awful jacket with the elbow patches on it. 

He's also a bit too mild for someone who's just done a stint in the nick, even if he did do it for his dear old ma. Needs more edge, methinks.

Apart from that, it's a thumbs up from this fan.What do you reckon?

Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I welcome the addition of Rob but I don't want him to hook up with Airhead Eva!

Anonymous said...

I agree, starting with the voice and the darker hair. I guess I've come to the conclusion that Carla dyes hers black...anyway- I like him but don't want him to hook up with Eva OR the other rumored party. Can't he and Maria hook up instead of Maria and Jason?

Tvor said...

Never fear, i bet he'll get round to maria eventually, although at this point he doesn't seem like much of a family man. I do wish he'd get a better haircut now he's out of the nick.

Anonymous said...

I like him so far. His personality seems more in the tradition of the Baldwins (Mike or Danny) than the Connors (I know he's not really a Connor). And I agree that he and Eva would be a complete mismatch.

Anonymous said...

Eva is a mismatch with anyone she behaves like a spoilt 12 year old. I thought the dress she wore last night to the restaurant looked like something Mini Mouse would wear. I don't understand why she was brought into the show - I guess eye-candy for the gentlemen viewers. The sooner she leaves the better.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...