Wednesday 22 February 2012

Steve & Tracy - can you feel the love tonight?

(This post was originally posted by David (Clinkers) on the Coronation Street Blog October 2011, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Well, it has to rank amongst the great u-turns of all time. Burton and Taylor it was not. Steve sporting a dodgy hairdo, Tracy-luv resplendent in her M & S mac. A windswept canalside. A relationship made in heaven. Or probably Evans outsize store for the larger lady, given that Tracy will be the size of Jackson's chippy pretty soon. Yes, the coming together of the hapless lovers will be celebrated across the land. Or will it? Is it more a case that Steve and Tracy are so toxic when it comes to lurve that the only people then can no longer contaminate are each other?

I'd get a bet on down at the bookies that the MacBarlow paring will not last a year. Will Tracy revert to type once the Tracy Twins have made an appearance? Can Steve really settle into a relationship with Weatherfield's very own she-devil? Is it possible for them to survive together in a house filled with Tracy's never-ending supply of red tops and Steve's never-ending girth? Or will love win through? Deirdre may just need to buy herself a new hat next year . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve does not and has never loved Tracy. He is only with her because of the pregnancy. If I were him I'd be looking into a paternity test asap! She's been with at least two other blokes just on Coronation Street alone!

Tvor said...

I completely agree. He doesn't love her, he's kind of convinced himself he might because of the babies and because he can't get Becky back.

Trudy said...

I am so looking forward to this storyline. I a huge Tracy fan and really like Steve too. Tracy loves Steve so much and always has and while I don't think Steve loves her, I think he does have some feelings for her. I'm so tired of the shrew that Becky has become.

I think the relationship is going to last longer than what people think - at least I hope so

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...