Saturday 8 October 2011

The Laws of Soap Operas


(This post was originally posted by me on the Coronation Street Blog in December, 2010.)

Having watched soaps in various formats for most of my life, I think I've got a pretty good handle on how they work.

Soaps have a code, and they have standard-issue storylines that are used over and over, with variations but the rules behind them generally stay the same. For instance, a murderer will always get caught eventually.

 Over on my other blog, I've written about Soap Laws and outlined some random standards that I've observed over the years in categories such as Murder, Love, Babies, Weddings and Death, among others.

 Have a read and if you think of some standard soap "rules" do feel free to add them in a comment!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...