Wednesday 1 June 2011

Is Corrie's Lewis the caddiest cad ever?


(This post was originally posted by Seapenguin on the Coronation Street Blog in August, 2010, reposted with permission.)

Is louche Lewis Archer the caddiest cad we've ever seen on Coronation Street? He's certainly the least observant, not having clocked the CCTV camera in the bookies prior to setting up his dodgy accumulator.

But that's a plot hole - and who knows - it might be resolved. Overall, I think Nigel Havers has done a wonderful turn as "Lewie". When you see him in the Rover's, leaning on the bar in his suave way, or sleazing it up with Deirdre, he fits right in. He's a fabulous cad, and I'll be very sorry to see the back of him. I'd like to see him get his just desserts before he finally heads off into the sunset though. And I'm not talking about a slice of baklava and some Ouzo. Peter's going to go bonkers when he finds out about the four grand. I wouldn't put it past him to follow Lewie to Alonissos and punch his flaming lights out. And not to condone violence or anything, but who could blame him? I'd also like to see Audrey and Deirdre come out of this with more than a little self respect.

1 comment:

Sandy aka Doris the Great said...

No, I don't think Lewis is the worst cad on the Street; that distinction probably goes to Charlie! But he certainly is a very close second, preying on lonely older women! I hope Peter catches him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...