Tuesday 8 February 2011

William Roache reveals deafness problem

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog in April, 2010, reposted to this blog with permission.)

William Roache, who plays Coronation Street's Ken Barlow, has revealed that he's 50 per cent deaf in both ears and needs visual cues when filming his scenes.

He said: "People don't know I have got a hearing problem. Deafness is extremely isolating. I live in a cocooned world. I could be having a normal conversation and certain things I just won't hear. I can't hear watches or alarms, footsteps or the rustling of paper. The floor manager has to give me a visual cue, a hand signal, and it is just something that I have learned to live with. I have put up with it all these years."

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...