Wednesday 5 January 2011

Writing for all ages

This originally appeared on the Coronation Street Blog in March 2010, with links to my UK timeline blog.

Inspired by a comment from one of our regular readers, John, made on this post, as always, I got thinking and my reply grew so long that it warranted a blog post of its own. I'm just like that! John mentioned that the new producer of Corrie, Phil Collinson, remarked that he would like to re-focus on the older characters.

I rather think that "older" doesn't necessarily mean age-wise but seniority wise and in that, I think Corrie does quite well with the mix, both age wise and seniority wise. They not only introduce new young aged characters but characters of all ages. Maybe the problem isn't age at all but the recent trend to continually focus on a flavour of the month/year time and again and leaving other great cast members in the storyline closet? Anyway, you can read more about it here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...