Thursday 6 January 2011

Sue Nicholls on Audrey Roberts, the Corrie tart with a heart

There's a really good interview Sue Nicholls, who plays Audrey Roberts, on Digital Spy today, and as their soap editor says about Sue at the start of the piece: "...and what a lovely lady she is."

Sue talks about the men in Audrey's life and she says: "I'm very grateful to the scriptwriters for giving me wonderful stuff and the stories that I've been part of - I don't know who thinks up the stories - but they've come up with some humdingers, haven't they?! Maybe I should hush my mouth a bit!"

Sue has been in Corrie for almost 30 years. "It's the best job to have, especially in this day and age when there are no jobs anyway. I've been so lucky and if I think back over the years all the people have been lovely and the stories have been hot. Being with Amanda Barrie was lovely, and of course Brian Mosley who sadly died - and it's thanks to Brian or whoever - if they hadn't married Audrey off to Alf, who knows I might just have been another tart with a heart passing through."

See also: Audrey Roberts' horrible hair-dos

This originally appeared on Coronation Street Blogspot in March 2010.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...