Wednesday 12 January 2011

David Platt doesn't 'alf do my head in


(This post was originally posted by me on the Coronation Street Blog in March, 2010, reposted with permission.)

Is anyone else having a hard time getting their head around the new and improved David Platt? The one that is genuinely concerned for his mother's well being and seems willing to defend her to the bitter end? This is the lad that pushed his mother down the stairs and left her for dead!

I wonder if his hatred for Joe was just that much stronger than his supposed hatred for his mother? Let's face it, he did hate Joe. Well, it didn't start off well when he found out that his girlfriend's father was with his mother but it went rapidly downhill when he moved in, usurping David's place at the head of the table, so to speak. Joe certainly didn't win any points when he got addicted to pain pills and tried to rob the health centre. Gail didn't chuck him out. You'd think that would turn David against his mother even more but he took it all out on Joe.

I think he realized how much Joe was dragging Gail down and then when Joe's whole "fake my death" scheme went under, literally, Gail called David for help. She actually needed him and without even knowing what the problem was, he hopped a train to the Lake District. That in itself was a miracle.

Since discovering the whole scheme, David was more than willing to do whatever it took to help his mother, even lying for her and covering up by throwing Joe's mobile into the canal which was a bad move after all. Still, seeing him the other day hugging his mother and really meaning it? My head was spinning! I'm sure Manipulative David hasn't gone away and at least he's still spending all his free time sniping at Nick, who's also come back to usurp David's position as the only "man of the house". But he's actually there for his mother and that doesn't 'alf do my 'ead in!

2 comments:

Suburban Princess said...

Yay! I am happy to see a Corrie blog for those of us in Canada!

Tvor said...

Thanks! I'll do my best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...