Sunday 27 May 2007

I am a Coronation Street Geek!

Didn't seem to find a lot to write about this week. I don't even know if anyone is really going to be reading this stuff anyway. I do put the link to it on my Sunday posts in the corrie.net guestbook where i've been posting those for years. Also put the link on my corrie website but not a lot of people really are all that interested in Coronation Street witterings. All my other witterings are on Livejournal.

I dunno. I guess i'm a bit of a saddo having a blog just for Corrie aren't i? lol! Well i never said i was just a casual fan. I've met more obsessed ones in my day, mind you. I can comfort myself knowing it's not my whole life like some people. I met someone once who never even took a vacation because there was nobody they could trust to change the tapes in his vcrs. Yes. plural. He taped several different shows, including Coronation Street, dedicated a machine to each one and taped each show in long-play. He also archived the corrie.net guestbook several times daily. He has binders and binders of meticulously updated episode summaries. He does have some rare items and tv broadcasts which is always a good thing for a fan but he really does go wayyyyy over the top. It really seems like Coronation Street (and whatever other shows he is dedicated to) is his whole life.

Not me. I love Corrie, miss it when i don't get to see it, I have lots of dvd's, video and books and some memorabilia. I've been to the set twice which was like a dream come true. I go to fan gatherings, celeb events when we have them here. A lot of my friends were initially met through corrie boards and chat rooms. I do have conversations about the show with friends that watch but when i do go to a chat room, we rarely talk about the show. Only once in awhile. We have our everyday lives to talk about. Just like any group of mates.

I'm really not justifying myself :) I'm a fan. I make no bones about it. I've made friends and found love because of a connection with the show. I follow on fan sites. None of that is any different than someone that's into any other tv series.

I am a Coronation Street Geek!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...