Sunday 4 February 2018

A Love Letter to Coronation Street

(This post was originally posted by Stevie Dawson on the Coronation Street Blog in December 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Dear Coronation Street,

I loved you from the very beginning. Back when the world was black and white. Before I was born actually, but I caught up.



As I learned more about you, you made me smile and cry in equal measure.



At times, you shocked me.


Seriously disappointed me.


Broke me.


Made me question whether I really loved you. I lost interest at times.

    

You taught me lessons about life.



And death.



You turned your back on me quite a few times.


But you always came back.


You reminded me of home. We're from similar sides of the track.


And you made me remember holidays past. Good times.



We’ve been through some ups and downs but I keep coming back. I hope you value my dedication. I know we can never really fully satisfy each other. And I'm sure you’ll probably be looking for someone younger now. But don’t forget about me. I’m still here. Remembering the good old days.



Here’s to rekindling our Corrie love in 2018.

(P.S. My friends keep telling me to end things with you. I never will). 

@StevieDawson 






Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...