Wednesday 21 June 2017

What's been your fave Corrie story this week?

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog June 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


What a week it's been (so far!) and it's not even finished yet, we've still got one more post-watershed episode of Coronation Street to go this week.

But what has been your favourite of the three major storylines this week, which one have you enjoyed watching the most?

Bethany's grooming storyline has been a tremendously difficult one to watch and it's a relief to know that in this post-watershed week, it's as dark as the story is going to get.  So while I can't say that I've particularly enjoyed watching this one, I do realise it's an important story to tell.  All the same, I'll be glad when it's over.

Nick's quicksand drama was fantastic, kudos to all involved in this. I loved the bit where Peter was shouting at Nick: "I quite fancy another pop at Leanne!".  I wonder if quicksand is the first time it's featured in a soap, any soap?

But for me, by far the best story of the week has been Daniel and Denise. I love Denise Black and am so happy she's back in Corrie. Rob Mallard as Daniel has been terrific and deserves every award and accolade coming his way. Corrie have a real gem in Rob Mallard and I hope we see him for a long time to come.

I travelled to Manchester last week to interview some of the cast. You can read my interviews, if you'd like to, with:








Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...