Saturday 17 June 2017

Lucy Fallon: "Grooming story runs to autumn and we know the end"

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog May 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)

Lucy Fallon, who plays Bethany Platt in Coronation Street, has said things will get "loads worse" in the grooming storyline throughout the summer. She also revealed her boyfriend has stopped watching because of the disturbing scenes.

Earlier today, we revealed details of another horrific shock in the grooming storyline.

In an interview with the Press Association (via News and Star), Lucy said: "Things get loads worse, they really do. In the next few weeks you will start to see things get worse and worse. You will see this goes on for a bit.

"I think we know it's going on through the summer until the autumn and we know the end."

Fallon said she was encouraged to voice her opinion how the storyline will conclude, as were the charities the show has worked with.

She said: "I've known how it was going to end because I've been speaking to Kate Oates about how it's going to pan out.

"We got a say in how it's going to end, the NSPCC got a say too, it's been really good, everyone has given their advice. I think it's going to be a really good ending."

The actress added that watching last week's rape scene was much harder than filming it.

She said: "I didn't watch it when it was on, I watched it later on my own. My boyfriend doesn't want to watch it but my mum and dad watched it and they text me saying it was good. It was harder to watch than to film. When we filmed it it was done in about 20 minutes, the director was really quick and sensitive. It was hard but over in half an hour and then I drove home. It was harder to watch."

She added that her boyfriend Tom Leech, 26, has not seen the show since the storyline began, saying: "He doesn't particularly watch it all the time anyway but when Nathan started to get introduced he stopped. He's really supportive of the story though, I've shown him the scenes I've got and he read the scenes with Neil. On Friday, my dad text me saying that it was brilliant but I want to punch him in the face. My mum is happy I'm doing the story but it's harder for my dad."







Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...