Thursday 22 June 2017

Ben Price Interview: Goodbye to Corrie and Hello to American TV

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog June 2017, reposted to this blog with permission.)


Ben Price, who left Coronation Street last week in his role as Nick Tilsley, gave an exit interview to Radio Times, talking about why he left and what's he going to do next.

Speaking about Nick's final scene with mum Gail, Ben says: "There wasn’t a lot of acting involved because it was actually me saying goodbye to Helen. So, yes, I was saying goodbye to Helen under the guise of it being Nick saying goodbye to Gail. It’s been a hell of a ride – and she, Jack [P Shepherd] and Jane [Danson] have been there all the way for me.

And on his decision to leave the show he says: "My thing has always been to leave the party while it’s still going... But, you know, my kids are growing up and I want to be there helping them with their homework and teaching them how to ride a bike. I don’t want to harp on – lots of people work away from home, I get that. But I was only ever with my family on a Saturday, and I felt that had to change."

Since leaving Corrie, Ben says: "I’ve been writing and I’ve been over to the States. I went for a meeting with a TV network, which might result in a gig over there. It would mean the whole family having to move. But there was talk about me making a longer take on my third film, Hope Dies Last. It would look at the Second World War and the displacement of Jewish people around Europe. It’s certainly given me something else to think about, and the family’s going out there in August for a while, so who knows?
 
You can read the full interview here.







Tvor @tvordlj on Twitter

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...