Thursday 22 September 2016

Coronation Street - Pedro Almodóvar style

(This post was originally posted by Flaming Nora on the Coronation Street Blog August 2016, reposted to this blog with permission.)

I'm a huge fan of the work of Pedro Almodóvar, the Spanish film director, screenwriter, producer and former actor.  This week I went to a preview screening of his new film Julieta which I enjoyed a great deal.  

It prompted me to think about an Almodóvar-Coronation Street mash-up blog post... 


Volver.  A woman kills her husband and hides his body in a chest freezer.
Corrie. A woman kills a drug dealer and hides his body in Gail's man-hole.

Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown meets Corrie's fellas on the verge of going for a pint.

All About my Mother.  Nothing more to say.

Broken Embraces. A couple take a break by the sea in Lanzarote.
Corrie. A couple take a break by the sea in Blackpool.

High Heels.  An icon emotes.
Ditto Coronation Street.

I'm So Excited meets Mr Gay Weatherfield

Julieta.  Towels at the ready at Audrey's salon for a haircut, please.

The Skin I Live In.  The skin being tiger or leopard print, of course.

There are still a lot of his films that I haven't covered, above. If you have any ideas, let me know!

See also:  
Famous paintings of the world - Coronation Street style
The Sopranos - Weatherfield Style

Mad Men meets Weatherfield

Coronation Street look-a-likes

The Flintstones on Coronation Street

Tales of the (Salford) City



Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...