Monday 11 January 2016

Corrie Canada Weekly Awards Jan. 4 - 8

If You Can't Be With the One You Love, Love the One You're With: Tracy Barlow for juggling two Rob/erts.

Revenge is Sweet award: Rob is really reeling Tracy in with everything she wants to hear. Boy, I enjoyed his revenge and I enjoyed seeing Tracy being left with nothing!

Pants on Fire award: Tracy lied through her teeth to try to get Robert back, blaming everything on Rob. Didn't work.

Curb Your Enthusiasm award: Sinead was less than enthusiastic about her holiday in Portugal though did try to hide it.

Second Best award: Mary's looking forward to Brendan's treat of a two course extravaganza in a posh hotel (somehow I doubt that a posh hotel would put something as cheap as that on for Christmas Day)

You did NOT go there award: The garden center name was Lady Garden.

Rubbish Gifts: Chesney gave Sinead a chopper. Mary gave Emily and Norris a disco exercise DVD. Tim gave Sally gardening implements.

Christmas is for kids award: For the amount of little kids on that Street, it seemed odd that the only ones around Santa for quite awhile were Ruby and Hope. What about Jack? Jake? They should have taken Lily out there before she fell asleep and it was ages before Max went out.

Musical wind up: Todd playing Torn Between Two Lovers for Tracy in the pub.

Phrase of Doom award: Carla is content with Nick and thinks Nick can save her. That's the kiss of death just like Kylie said. It'll be about 5 minutes before Carla shoots herself in the stiletto. Another bad omen for Carla was her telling her wish for 2016 out loud when she found the lucky coin in the Christmas pudding. Oh dear.

Out of the Mouths of Babes: Amy, for calling Nessa the Loch Nessa Monster

Disaster waiting to happen award: Nessa taking nearly 80 year old Ken on a bike ride. One envelope pushed too far but it ended up with her being hurt, not him.

Lines of the week:
Tracy "Bring me back something awesome" Robert "My personality not enough?" (no, not really)
David to Max "You are so shallow, mate, you're like a paddling pool"
Sally about the Queen "I don't know what it is, but I always find myself identifying with her" (brilliant Sally line!)
Tracy "I care about people, Todd, I'm a people person. People are my thing" Todd "No, Babe, you're just keeping your options open" (got it in one)
Robert to Rob "Just so you know, I'm not threatened by a guy with a designated bedtime"
Tim "it's a girly trowel. That's romantic. That's romance is that." (Check out Billy and Mary's face for what's not romantic about that)
Norris "I've done 75 years on this planet without succumbing to lycra, I'm not going to start now" (I'm glad to hear it!)
Carla about Nick "He's the one that's going to save me" (oh. Carla. Kylie had it right.
Kiss of Death that statement was) Kylie "That's good for you, but I don't want to be saved"
Nessa "Hurry up, my weather app says we've only got a 2 hour window!"
Tracy to Rob "You are winding me up" Rob "Well spotted. You're not as stupid as you look" (wait, what?) |"You know what? I do think you're as stupid as you look" (uhoh)
Rob "You are the only murderer that gets to walk out of prison"
Emily "I'm not entirely in the dark ages. Ernest had a CB radio, briefly"
Carla "He turns out to be some backstreet Darth Vader? 'I'm your Dad!'"
Robert to Tracy "You're in cloud cuckoo land. I could never trust you again. I could never be with you. Stay away. "




Deirdre: A Life on Coronation Street - official ITV tribute to a soap icon. Available here.


Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...