Saturday 5 October 2013

Eva and Jason: A step too far?

(This post was originally posted by Graeme N on the Coronation Street Blog in September 2013.)

Sometimes the happenings down Coronation Street are just plain weird. I must thank "Moritica" for inspiring this little blog post with a comment left on another post earlier in the week. I know Corrie is a fictional continuing drama/soap but sometimes the plots stretch realism so far I'm surprised they don't come right back and smack the writers in the face.

We are about to witness the pairing of Eva Price and Jason Grimshaw. On the surface, not a problem. They are probably very well suited in their own way. However, probe a little deeper and you may recall Jason's ill-advised liaison with Stella. Yes, Eva will soon be courted by her mother's ex-boyfriend.

I guess these coincidences do happen. However, go back a little further and we remember Eva's involvement (albeit chaste) with Eric, her grandmother's fiance. And while you, dear reader, attempt to unboggle your mind, we can add in Eva's doomed relationship with her half-sister's ex (and now unconscious husband), Nick(y) Tilsley.

Is it just me, or is that all a bit much to contemplate of a Friday lunchtime? It's all a bit too Jeremy Kyle for my liking and not necessarily what I want from Corrie. Don't get me wrong, I quite like Eva and I also like Jason. I just get an involuntary shudder when I run through the events I've just described. Am I alone?!




Follow the Bluenose CorrieBlog on Twitter and Facebook

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's just being done for the drama. Remember Dev "loved" mother and daughter? There's no way it's going to last - they would both have to leave the street.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...